jeudi 4 septembre 2008

boulevard de la chapelle

8 commentaires:

Cin a dit…

I have loved your work for a long time and am so happy to see you blogging and letting us peek into your gorgeous sketchbook pages! your line quality is so beautiful! many thanks for sharing, hoping to see frequent posts here!

Da a dit…

je vois que tu passes tes après midi, à dessiner !!!
c'est du joli, joli !!!

df a dit…

wow. very nice drawings. Hope you can read this.
I'm a big fan of your illustrations.

hfm a dit…

Je suis enchantée avec vos dessins!

Steve Emery a dit…

I come as a fan of Cindy's - and I see why she loves your work.

I must ask, though, on these street and crowd scenes, do you draw this live??? How can you draw so many figures in relation to each other when they are moving so quickly? Or do you work from life AND photos? Or do you have such great visual memory that you can capture figures with one look at them - before they move?

benoît guillaume a dit…

How do i manage draw this? oh, it depends.But in 95% they are live drawings, i almost don't draw from pictures (almost)
In some streets some people stand for a long time at the same place (rue du Chateau d'Eau : they work there, give adds to people for their hairdresser...) so i have all the time to draw them.
Of course a lot of them move after 30 seconds, so i have to remember them.
Sometimes (like on this drawing) some guys just wanted to be on the drawing ! (those cigarettes dealers were nice guys)

Making A Mark a dit…

Hi Benoit - I knew you were going to say that! I too draw composites live...but tend to favour indoors rather than the street. But that's purely a practical matter of not being able to stand for long periods....

Cindy sent me here - I love your drawings and I'll be mentioning your blog in my big 'round-up post this Sunday

josh a dit…

beautiful